Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

A Crohn's Update and another New Diagnosis

Last Wednesday I had an appointment with Dr. Poole. He is my G.I. now that Dr. Eyring has retired. We are going to again attempt to get approval on Humira.  I think this time the insurance company will go for it. I have failed on Sulfasalazine and Asacol HD - while having some effect, is still not getting me into complete remission. I have "D" on occaissions, Abdominal pain, and abnormal bowel movements. I have met the criteria the insurance company stated, so this time I would think they would approve it.

Today I got an email from my neurologist concerning the results of a sleep study that was conducted a few weeks ago. I have been experiencing sleep problems that have been getting worse. Anyway, I have been diagnosed with central sleep apnea. The interesting thing about this development is that my minimal study of this disorder has revealed one thing. "Conditions that can cause or lead to central sleep apnea include:  Neurodegenerative illnesses such as Parkinson's Disease".  I have Essential Tremor. I wonder how many ET sufferers have this development.  I also found out from the Mayo Clinic website that Central Sleep Apnea is caused by the brain simply not telling the muscles that control breathing to take a breath. Less than 5% of  sleep apnea patients fall under this category.

Anyway, I have to schedule a CPAP titration, and then we will determine what to do next.

I am so sick of having more medical problems.  Lets hope this is it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment